Thursday, August 7, 2014

Recipe Series: Toby's Protein Smoothie

By: Claire Tenscher


I saw Toby’s smoothie in the refrigerator and tracked him down to find out what was in it. I had never considered putting dry oats in a smoothie; I always thought you had to cook them. His recipe is very simple and has lots of protein but it tastes like dessert to me.


Get Printable Recipe Card Here

Ingredients: 
1 C Rolled Oats
1⁄2 C blueberries
1 banana
1 TBL Flax Seed
1 Scoop of protein powder (or two, just a single serving depending on which brand you use)
1-2 TBL Peanut Butter
1.5-2 C Milk

Blend!


I made a version with homemade Sprouted Almond Milk and vegan Pea Protein and it turned out great.  I’ve made it several times with other fruits and almond butter, every time it is filling. I really enjoy the texture that the oats add.

No comments:

Post a Comment